Santa Margarita Auto Group is currently seeking a full-time Part Counterperson for our expanding dealership group! This is the perfect entry level position for individuals looking to get a foot in the door in the automotive industry and learn how sell yourself, your organization, and your product!
We're looking for exciting people to join our team who are (above all): honest, hardworking, positive, and fun to be around. While prior retail and customer service experience is a plus, we're really looking for people who want to learn and commit to a long term career. Many of our employees have been with the company 10+ years --- and don’t worry, we will train you! It really is a lot of fun!
While our organization continues to grow, we are at the heart of all that we do, a family organization. Our “mom and pop” approach gives us several advantages and really sets us apart from today’s corporate climate. Our organization is known for honest and fair dealings, quality service, and long term community-based relationships with employees, customers, and vendors.
We are a progressive organization that offer much more to our team members than other companies. What makes Santa Margarita Auto Group different from other companies?
- Commitment to Integrity – We've won various manufacturer awards including Ford Motor Company’s highest honor, the President's Award, 11 times in the last 15 years!
- Professional and Innovative Approach – We strive to lead our industry in new ways to sell and service vehicles! And we’re not afraid to try something new.
- Employee Involvement – No one can do it by themselves. We work hard at working together to reach higher levels of success than could be achieved individually. We value everyone’s opinion regardless of job position. Cross departmental teams help cultivate a thriving environment with ample career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive and Lucrative Compensation – Your performance, work ethic, and attitude determines your success!
- Ongoing Training – We make available all types of personal and professional training resources because it’s only reasonable that we train before we ask you to sell a vehicle!
- Customer Service is our way of life!
- Community Involvement – Since 1951, our business has been to make our community a better place to live and work. Through charitable contributions, special events and fundraisers, and direct involvement in schools, hospitals, and businesses, Santa Margarita Auto Group believes that investing in our communities is simply the right thing to do.
- Maintain friendly, courteous relationships that encourage repeat business.
- Accurately and efficiently identify and pull inventory order requests from outside and inside customers in a timely and efficiently manner.
- Identify and suggest viable alternatives for requested inventory items that are out of stock and maintain stocking levels.
- Identify new parts and parts categories that need to be added to increase customer satisfaction levels.
- Inspect parts thoroughly to detect damage and recording description of damages/missing items on delivery receipt.
- Compare serial numbers of parts against invoices to ensure accurate retrieval and delivery of parts.
- Verify presence of accessories listed on any delivery paperwork, such as spare tires, charge cables and NAV cards.
- Identify and support opportunities for methods/process improvement.
- Assist supervising manager in achieving efficient operation and profitability goals for the department.
- Grow knowledge base to bring increased value to the customer and service department relationship, contributing to creating an environment where the service department considers the parts department as a partner.
- Maintain the proper function of all service tools and equipment and assist in keeping the parts department clean and orderly.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks that maintain and enhance the cleanliness and organization of products.
- Uses dealership equipment and resources safely and proficiently.
- Treat all employees and customers fairly with courtesy and dignity.
- Maintain composure and courtesy in dealing with customers and fellow employees.
- Promote cooperation and teamwork among technicians and support staff. Assist other parts department personnel when needed.
- Effectively handle and implement changes in parts department. Shift priorities and goals as work demands change.
- Be punctual, flexible and available for scheduling.
- Wear uniform, name badge, and neat appearance as per the dealership guidelines.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: While no experience is necessary, an ideal candidate will be dependable, professional, and have a positive, can-do attitude. Other requirements include:
- 18 years of age or older.
- General familiarity with a variety of automobiles.
SALARY: $12.00 /hour plus commission
Equal Opportunity Employer