Automotive Technician / Mechanic
Santa Margarita Auto Group is currently seeking a full-time Technician for our expanding dealership group! This is the perfect entry level position for individuals looking to get a foot in the door in the automotive industry and learn how sell yourself, your organization, and your product!
We're looking for exciting people to join our team who are (above all): honest, hardworking, positive, and fun to be around. While prior retail and customer service experience is a plus, we're really looking for people who want to learn and commit to a long term career. Many of our employees have been with the company 10+ years --- and don’t worry, we will train you! It really is a lot of fun!
While our organization continues to grow, we are at the heart of all that we do, a family organization. Our “mom and pop” approach gives us several advantages and really sets us apart from today’s corporate climate. Our organization is known for honest and fair dealings, quality service, and long term community-based relationships with employees, customers, and vendors.
We are a progressive organization that offer much more to our team members than other companies. What makes Santa Margarita Auto Group different from other companies?
- Commitment to Integrity – We've won various manufacturer awards including Ford Motor Company’s highest honor, the President's Award, 11 times in the last 15 years!
- Professional and Innovative Approach – We strive to lead our industry in new ways to sell and service vehicles! And we’re not afraid to try something new.
- Employee Involvement – No one can do it by themselves. We work hard at working together to reach higher levels of success than could be achieved individually. We value everyone’s opinion regardless of job position. Cross departmental teams help cultivate a thriving environment with ample career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive and Lucrative Compensation – Your performance, work ethic, and attitude determines your success!
- Ongoing Training – We make available all types of personal and professional training resources because it’s only reasonable that we train before we ask you to sell a vehicle!
- Customer Service is our way of life!
- Community Involvement – Since 1951, our business has been to make our community a better place to live and work. Through charitable contributions, special events and fundraisers, and direct involvement in schools, hospitals, and businesses, Santa Margarita Auto Group believes that investing in our communities is simply the right thing to do.
- Provide automotive services by performing inspections, repairs, maintenance and installations efficiently and safely.
- Road test vehicles to ensure repairs are completed properly.
- Complete service and repair assignments correctly, provides detailed information of repair procedure performed, to pass quality inspections or test drives.
- Collect all necessary information before requesting parts, return cores to the parts department upon completion of repair.
- Review and evaluates service write-up to determine if additional information is necessary and what type of diagnosis is needed.
- Properly follow repeat repair procedure including opening and closing hotline communication through manufacturer.
- Use computer to look up part availability and repair orders.
- Use manuals including diagrams as necessary to complete the repair order.
- Properly dispose of used parts and returns unused parts to the parts counterperson.
- Complete time ticket correctly and documents proper time clocking on repair order.
- Use diagnostic procedure to identify the symptoms of the problem, the conditions under which they occur, as well as how often the symptoms occur.
- Follow safety rules and regulations.
- Complete warranty repair orders according to policy.
- Return special tools and reference materials to their designated locations.
- Maintain certifications and training requirements from the manufacturer and Dealership.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: While no experience is necessary, an ideal candidate will be dependable, professional, and have a positive, can-do attitude. Other requirements include:
- 18 years of age or older.
- General familiarity with a variety of automobiles.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Must be willing to work as part of a team.
- Must have basic computer and phone skills.
- Growth opportunities
- Fast paced work environment
- Medical & dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Vehicle purchase plan
SALARY: $12.00 - $32.00 /hour
Equal Opportunity Employer